Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Apple-Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Like, I've mentioned before, I love to try new recipes. I know we have success when my husband asks me to make something again - I LOVE that feeling :) This is one of those successes and it is super easy. It comes from Mary Hunt and her Everyday Cheapskate e-newsletter (a daily e-mail I love to read - great ideas for saving money). The best part about this recipe is it doesn't require many ingredients and I always have these things on hand. NOTE: I used a George Foreman grill when it was really cold outside and that worked perfect!

Apple-Stuffed Chicken Breasts

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 medium cooking apples (peeled and cut into thin slices)
1 cup apple cider
1 tablespoon cornstarch

Heat coals or gas grill. Place chicken breast halves between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound chicken to 1/8-inch thickness. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Coat apple slices with sugar mixture. Divide apple slices among chicken breast halves. Fold chicken around apples; secure with toothpicks.Place chicken 4 to 6 inches from medium heat, cover and grill for 20 to 25 minutes, turning once, until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Remove chicken from grill, remove toothpicks. Mix apple cider and cornstarch in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Spoon over chicken and serve. Servings: 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment