Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Pioneer Woman Strikes Again



This might be the most sinful dessert out there because it is SO easy to make and SO yummy to eat. And the possibilities are endless. What are you doing to me, Pioneer Woman?! (And yes, the beautiful picture above is hers.)
It's called PW's Pita Chip Crunch. I made it last night for a BBQ, brought home the leftovers (big mistake) and I can't stop eating it.
The original recipe calls for plain pita chips, milk chocolate almond bark and pecans. I made one batch that way - delicious. Then I tried some of her other suggestions. Oh man.
Batch 2 - cinnamon sugar pita chips, white chocolate almond bark and mini-M&Ms. Jeremiah had his eye on this batch from the minute I put the M&Ms on. This was super yummy too.
And then I got to batch 3 and hit one of my biggest weaknesses - toffee. Plain pita chips, milk chocolate and toffee bits. Wow. Wow. Did I say wow?
I am only allowed to make this for other people or large gatherings now. Self-imposed restrictions for my own health and safety.
But you should make it for yourself at least once. You won't want to share the first time.
Or maybe not ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment