Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Crockpot Brown Sugar Chicken

I saw this recipe sometime last year and knew I needed to try it. I finally got around to it last night. I was not disappointed. I thought it was excellent AND easy! Stephen thought it was ok, Jeremiah was being difficult about eating (what's new), and Joshua ate his fair share (big surprise).

I used four large frozen chicken breasts in a 4-qt crockpot. I cooked it on low for 8 1/2 hours. I always have a problem with chicken drying out in the crockpot, but not the case this time!

I served it over white rice with the "sauce" ladled over it. Then I shredded the extra and used it on a salad today.

The "Crockpot Lady" is done with her year of crockpotting, but all the recipes can still be found on her blog and she posts new ones every once in a while. Brown Sugar Chicken is definitely worth trying for your family!

1 comment:

  1. I made this and thought the kids would love it because it has "brown sugar" right in the title.

    Nope. Not so much.

    Glad you had better luck

    ReplyDelete