Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Homemade Granola


This is such a yummy snack to have around when I need to nibble. It also tastes great with milk!

I had never attempted homemade granola before this, but I found a recipe that sounded good, tweaked it to fit my tastes, and I've stuck with it ever since! It is so easy!

Homemade granola is great because you can totally customize it for your own family AND you know exactly what is going in it! What would you put in yours?


Homemade Granola


Ingredients
6 cups oats
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp salt
1 cup olive oil
1 cup honey (or maple syrup)
-add nuts, coconut, cinnamon, vanilla to taste if you choose - I always add sunflower seeds, but next batch will have some pecans and vanilla I think!


Directions
Place on a baking sheet and cook for 50 minutes at 250 degrees, stirring the granola four times while cooking.

Cool, then add any dried fruit that you want. I really enjoy dried pineapple and craisins.

Store in a large zip lock bag or small snack size portion bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment