Thursday, December 17, 2009

Our Christmas Treat Plates and a Recipe

Just thought I would give you a round-up of what we are putting on plates for our neighbors this year! Last year was the first time I did this and our neighbors were surprised and happy to get the treats! I loved it! So we're doing it again!

Last year's plates included...

PW's Spicy Molasses Cookies

PW's Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies

Mindee's Chocolate Coconut Candy

Mindee's Monster Cookies (because I had these coming out of my ears!)

I was a little less ambitious this year on account of doing homemade gifts for almost everyone, but these are all still yummy!

Our plates this year will include...

Lemon Cake Mix Cookies

Chocolate-Dipped Ritz Peanut Butter Sandwiches (one of my all-time faves!) - no recipe required - just dip them in chocolate almond bark!

Rolo Cake Mix Cookies

And since I have seen the Rolo Cake Mix Cookie recipe ALL OVER the internet and can't decide where it originated from, I will just post the recipe here for your enjoyment!

Rolo Cake Mix Cookies

Ingredients
1 box Devil's food cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
30 individual Rolo candies (more or less depending on the size of your cookies)

Directions
Mix the first three ingredients together and then roll into little balls with 1 rolo inside each ball (fairly small so there is lots of rolo per cookie!). Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. Makes about 30 cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that sounds delicious. Darn our ban on sweets.

    Have you seen MixingBowl.com ? I think you'd enjoy the site.

    ReplyDelete