Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bread Machine Week: Honey Oat Bread


This recipe almost turned into a fail, but not because of the recipe.

An hour into the cycle, my son hit the start/stop button, which is a BIG no-no with my bread machine. I started to freak out.

But my hubby calmed me down and I realized I could finish it off myself - just let it rise once, kneaded the dough one more time, let it rise again and baked it in the oven.

Turned out FABULOUS! My favorite bread I've made so far - maybe ever!

Very soft, a little sweet, and I have to admit - I like the shape of oven-baked bread better than the machine. But I still love the convenience of the machine!

You have to give this recipe a shot!

Honey Oat Bread

Ingredients
1 cup water
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons vegetable oil or canola oil
3 cups white bread flour
1/2 cup oatmeal, uncooked
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Directions
Combine ingredients in breadmaker per your manufacturer's instructions.

NOTE: Cook time is for the basic/white cycle (medium crust; 1½ lb loaf) using a BreadmanPlus bread machine; your machine may differ. (from Recipezaar user)

Because of my little interruption, I ended up baking mine at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and it was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment