Friday, June 19, 2009

Calling all freezer meals!

We got a deep freeze yesterday.

I am so excited. Seriously. I got home from a MOPS Leadership meeting late, but I honestly wanted to go downstairs right then and start filling that big beautiful freezer up with all of the stuff that is overflowing out of our freezer on top of the fridge!

But I didn't. I actually showed restraint. Amazing.

The new freezer has got me thinking. I love making big batches of food and freezing it for later. Now I have the room to do that. So I need your help.

I am looking for two different kinds of recipes:

1. Freezer meals for new mommies that are not tomato-based or too spicy (I have seen what that can do to nursing babies!)
2. Freezer meals that our family - in all its picky glory - might like

I know it's a challenge but I believe in you :)

Now, enough restraint. Time to fill the freezer.

4 comments:

  1. Potato soup is one of my fave freezer meals. But I'll have to go look at my recipe book for some others.

    I'm a tad jealous of your deep freezer. The only freezer that I have is a metal box in my fridge that requires defrosting every month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was totally a God thing that we even got one. He is amazing!

    I love potato soup and it's a rainy day - that sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um . . .Pizza Wheels!!

    Just kidding. I have a really good freezer meal cookbook if you'd like to borrow it. One of my favorite things to do this time of year is to freeze meat in marinade. Then I just thaw and it's ready to grill.

    Most soups do freeze well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindee - We love to grill - great idea! And I would love to check out that cookbook! I've looked at some before but that was before we had a big freezer so I was just dreaming then!

    BTW, Stephen is totally on board for stocking the freezer full of pizza wheels!

    ReplyDelete