Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Chicken Tortilla Soup

This is in the crock pot right now. I know most people don't like soup in the summer but this just sounded good to me so it was put on the menu. Plus, it's really easy. Do I say that too much?

The recipe came from my good friend Ci, who made it for our small group once.


She would probably hate these pictures (which are from a year ago), but I love them because they show how fun she is! She is super good with the kiddos - I love that. And she loves the Lord - I really love that.


She is also amazingly (is that a word?) talented and creative. She took these photos, which I am in love with. And not just because they are of my son :)

Did I mention she has a beautiful voice? She does. I could go on and on. Really.

Anyways, the recipe.

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Ingredients:
2 cans chicken broth
1 can tomato soup
1 can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes (undrained)
1 large can chunk chicken breast (today I used 2 cups of cubed chicken breast)
2 cups frozen corn

Directions:
Are you ready for this?

Dump these ingredients into a crock pot. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3.

Didn't even break a sweat, did you?

You can top with whatever you like, but we especially like colorful fried tortilla strips. Plain old crushed tortilla chips will have to do for today - still yummy, just not as pretty. Stephen tops his with cheese and I know several in our small group added sour cream.

Enjoy. Thanks Ci!

No comments:

Post a Comment