Monday, August 31, 2009

Day and Night Cookies


So Jeremiah and I tried something new.

That particular day, we were talking about how God created day and night and relating that to black and white.

He needed something to keep him occupied and he loves baking with me so I came up with this.

We took my mom's classic chocolate chip cookie recipe and mixed it up a little to make "Day and Night Cookies." I threw in a little bit of this and that I found in the cupboard. We were both quite pleased with the yummy results.

The "mix-in" proportions can be changed to suit your tastes - more Heath in my case!

Jeremiah had fun finding the black and white pieces as he ate the cookies. Hope you like them too!

Day and Night Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup mix-ins - here is my preference:
*1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
*1/4 cup white chocolate chips
*1/2 cup toffee baking bits (such as Heath)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream sugars and shortening together. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Bake 12-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment