Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pumpkin Spice Lattes - in the Crockpot!

Fall is my favorite. For so many reasons. Pumpkin Spice Lattes are one of them.

In case you are unaware of this fabulous drink, they are only available at Starbucks in the fall. Which used to be a reason for sadness for me.

Until I found this recipe from the Crockpot Lady. Now I can have them all year round and they won't cost me a small fortune.

My hubby is not a coffee drinker so I have to share these with friends - a good excuse to get together often!

A couple of tips:
*I make a pot of extra strong coffee and then freeze it in ice cube trays to have on hand whenever I want to make these - very handy!
*This recipe uses a small amount of a can of pumpkin, so why not freeze the leftover in ice cube trays as well?! Works great!

Happy fall!

Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Lattes

Ingredients
--2 cups milk (I used 1%)
--2 T canned pumpkin
--2 T white sugar
--2 T vanilla (not a typo. it asks for tablespoons)
--1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
OR: 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp cloves, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and a teeny tiny pinch of ground ginger
--1/2 cup brewed espresso or 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
--garnish with whipped cream (optional)

The Directions.

This will make enough for 2 people to have a big mug with a bit leftover. If you are having friends over, adjust the recipe accordingly. I used a 4-quart crockpot, but as small as a 1.5 quart will work with these amounts.

Add the coffee/espresso and milk to the crockpot. Whisk in the pumpkin, spices, sugar, and vanilla.

Cover and cook on high for 2 hours if everything is cold. Whisk again.

Ladle into mugs, and garnish with whipped cream and additional cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment