Thursday, September 17, 2009

Apple Snack Squares

I just realized I've had apples coming out of my ears for almost a week now and I haven't made these yet!!! Are you kidding me? What was I thinking?

Mindee posted this recipe last year and I made them right away. And ate them right away.

Now it's your turn. I'm going to the store for butterscotch chips.

Apple Snack Squares

Ingredients
2 cups
sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 1/2 cups self-rising flour*
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 large tart apples; peeled and diced.
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional - but recommended!)
1 cup butterscotch chips

Directions
In a bowl, combine sugar, eggs and oil; mix well. Stir in flour and cinnamon (batter will be thick). Stir in apples and nuts. Spread into a greased 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle with chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool before cutting. Makes about 2 dozen.

*If you don’t have self-rising flour on hand and hate to go to the grocery store as much as I do, you can use this substitution:
For each cup of self-rising flour, place 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder and 1/2 tsp of salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to equal one cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment