Thursday, September 10, 2009

Super Power Muffins

So I can't believe I haven't posted this yet because this is Jeremiah's FAVORITE - for snack, breakfast, anytime really.

I think they are pretty darn yummy as well!

I found this on a blog a while back in the comment section so I don't have anyone to attribute to - but whoever came up with these - THANK YOU!

Healthy, filling, full of protein and produce - what more could a mommy want to give her boys for breakfast?!

Jeremiah especially likes them in mini-form :)

Super Power Muffins

Ingredients
1 cup brown sugar (I don’t pack it!)
½ cup peanut butter
1 banana
½ cup of applesauce or carrot puree
1 egg
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¼ cup chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all dry ingredients well and set aside.

Blend everything else and then sift in dry ingredients. Truth be told, I don't have a sifter. They still turn out great.

Spray muffin tray. Divide batter between muffin tins, filling 2/3 full.

Bake for 15-18 min. Makes 12 muffins or 24+ mini-muffins.

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious! I love to bake muffins. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    Thanks also for stopping by to say hello today. If you make a pillow, I'd love to hear how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete