Friday, September 11, 2009

Meatloaf Muffins



To be fair, I actually like these the best in our family. But the boys will eat them so they're getting thrown on this site!

I love this recipe from Kraft Foods because it is EASY and versatile. I also like them because I am a big fan of the crunchy outside of meatloaf and with muffins, you get lots of crunch!

My favorite is the Mexcian variety - I like some spice - and no cheese of course. Stephen would prefer the Italian version with LOTS of mozzarella.

I just made a batch of Mexican and a batch of Italian today, flash froze them and now have them on hand for a quick meal!

Any other variation ideas? Let me know!

Ingredients
For all varitations you'll need the following...
1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix
1 cup water

Then you can mix & match your recipe from these options...

Italian
Seasoning - 1 tsp Italian seasoning
Add-in - spaghetti sauce (I used pizza sauce)
Cheese possibilities - shredded mozzarella

Mexican
Seasoning - 2 tsp chili powder
Add-in - salsa or taco sauce
Cheese possibilities - Mexican style

Mediterranean
Seasoning - 1 tsp dried oregano
Add-in - chopped roasted red peppers
Cheese possibilities - crumbled feta

American
Seasoning - 1 tsp garlic powder
Add-in - barbecue sauce
Cheese possibilities - shredded cheddar

Directions
Heat oven to 375°F. Mix meat, stuffing mix, water and seasoning until well blended. Press into 12 muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray.

Make indentation in center of each with back of spoon; fill evenly with 3/4 cup add-ins.

Bake 30 min. or until meatloaves are done (160°F). Top with 3/4 cup cheese; bake 5 min. or until melted. Let stand 10 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment